We offer a selection of free Christmas background images you can customize before you print or download. Select the background image that you would like to use and click on it to edit or customize it. Add Christmas clipart, text, or images and then download or print.
Use these cute Christmas backgrounds to create posters as holiday decor. You can add your menu for your Christmas dinner or add Season’s greetings. You can also create notes, letters or Christmas greeting cards. Since you can add text with our free background maker add, your personalized message before you print.
Free Christmas Background Images
Select any Christmas background pictures free of charge!
Cute Christmas Backgrounds
Here is a selection of cute backgrounds for Christmas. The designs are so cute you will find yourself looking for excuses to use them!
Christmas Chalkboard Art, Signs, and Cards
Make Christmas chalkboard art, signs, or cards with our chalkboard background maker. Add ornaments, text, greetings and many other elements. It only takes a few minutes to create a custom unique printable creation and it’s free!
What can these Christmas backgrounds be used for?
- Xmas background images
- Holiday backgrounds (some read Happy Holidays)
- To create free personalized stationery
- Christmas wrapping paper
- Christmas paper
- Signs or posters
- Letters (if you want to create a letter background then select a background border i.e. a design with a lot of space in the center. This will allow for more writing space.)
How do you add clipart to the backgrounds?
- Select the background that you would like to use.
- Click on “print or add text/image”.
- You will see a selection of clip art images. Click on the one you want to use.
- Add text if you want by clicking on the “A” icon. You can also write Christmas greetings with clip-art instead of text. For example, if you want to write Merry Christmas then you can either type it (and select a font and font color) or you can use the Merry Christmas clipart.
- To add more than one image just repeat the third step.
How to make free Christmas wallpaper backgrounds
To create free Christmas wallpaper you will need to download any of the designs as an image file. To do this you will need to click on this button .
A few of the images on this page are not available as an image file. If you click the icon above and the file does not download after a few seconds then you will need to choose another design.
You can use all the clipart backgrounds as wallpapers but some of the photo backgrounds are not suitable.
Which clipart is appropriate to add?
It really depends on what you are using the background images for. You can add a picture of Santa, Christmas tree, Christmas lights, holly, stockings, snowflakes, Christmas bells, gifts, wreath, elf, etc. If there is an image that you would like to add but does not appear here then please leave a comment below and we might be able to add it for you.
Christmas is a time of year when we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. We decorate our homes with lights and trees, exchange gifts, and spend time with family and friends. Christmas is also when we reflect on the year that has passed and look forward to the year ahead. Use these free Christmas printable backgrounds to reach create posters, letters, cards or notes.